You have spent a lot of time, money and energy building the very best website for your business as you could. That is an important thing for the success of your business and not just for your digital marketing efforts. At least 46% of consumers say that they judge the professionalism of a company by the way its website looks. It is great that your site looks great, does it look as good on mobile devices? If does not look as god on mobile as it does on other platforms, you should change that. Here are some reasons why:
- It will help your performance on Google. It has been estimated that more than 93% of all internet experiences start with a search engine search. Google owns the lion’s share of that market share. Add to these facts the fact that the majority of people never look past the first page of their search results, a crucial part of your digital marketing efforts needs to be raising your ranking in this area. Having a website that is mobile friendly can only compliment your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. Google prefers sites that look good on mobile devices because they know a lot of their customers use mobile devices to access the internet and they want to make their customers happy.
- People use their mobile devices for everything. The phone has become almost the least important part of a smart phone. Beyond that, people have tablets. If you do not have a mobile-friendly website, you are missing out on sales and new leads. Consumers want to be able to get to sites easily and quickly from their devices and when they are on the go. If you have a product or service that someone is looking for, you want to be the business that gets it to them. Mobile-friendly web design is a way to do that.
- You will look better to your customers, clients and others in your industry. It has been found that nearly 50% of internet users believe that companies that do not have a site that looks good on mobile just do not care much about their customers. The opposite is true. When people visit your site from a mobile device and have a good experience, they will be more likely to recommend your business to others and you can be seen as a really great resource. This is a great reason to include making your site look great on mobile devices an important part of your digital marketing plan.
- If you have a local business, it is essential. If you own a business, such as a restaurant, and creating a mobile-friendly website is not a part of your digital marketing strategy, you are losing out on a lot of customers. When people are out and about and looking for someplace to eat, what do they do? They whip out their devices and look for restaurants near where they are. If they come to your site and your page will not load or looks terrible, they will move on to the next place. That is a missed opportunity.
- It is now a best practice in web design. While it was once seen as not very important, most web design services companies see creating websites that look great on mobile as something that has to be done to make that site successful. When you use responsive web design, you create a website that looks great on mobile devices but you also ensure it looks great across all platforms and on all devices. It is just standard operating procedure these days. If you are not doing this, you are behind the curve.
- Your customers will be happier with their experience with your web site. You do not need to be an expert at a digital marketing firm to know that sites that load quickly and look great make customers happy. Most people give up on a web site that does not load in about four seconds. This is true whether they are looking at a computer screen or a smart phone. Make your site load quickly on a mobile device and your customers will be very happy.
Trackback from your site.