Engineering is a growing field. With focus on getting more and more students, especially girls, into science, technology, math, and science (STEM) classes, it should come as no surprise that engineers across the country are looking to keep these students interested. From inviting in groups of summer school students to see what is involved in the planning of new roads to making sure that there are plenty of internship opportunities for college students, there are many people who are trying to make sure that there are enough engineers for the future.
Learning the various ways that plotter paper roll plans can be implemented is just the beginning, but many students who visit an engineering firm are initially attracted to the idea of basic printing on a much larger scale serving as a starting point for implementing all kinds of plans. From park layouts to road designs, it is often a detailed drawing printed on large plotter paper rolls that serves as an introduction to many beginning STEM students.
Blueprint Paper and Other Specifically Designed Engineering Supplies Continue to Grow in Popularity
Research continues to show that many of the roads and bridges in this nation are in need of attention. And while the biggest drawback in getting many of these projects started is financing, the fact of the matter is it is also important to have enough engineers to plan and implement these very necessary projects.
Much of this work, of course, begins in the planning space of an engineering firm. And while there are many ways that digital plans can be helpful, there remains a need for paper copies as well. As such, many firms are making sure that they are making the most environmentally friendly choices when they are ordering the papers that they use. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that paper is still used in the field of engineering:
- The first plotter, the kind of printer used in engineering, was invented in 1953.
- The majority of today’s architectural and engineering offices average 3,500 square feet of printing output per month.
- By the year 2022, the global market for wide format printers is projected to reach $7.2 billion.
- The 2016 Survey of Architectural Registration Boards indicated that there are 109,748 architects in the U.S.
- Although there are obviously architects across the country, California has more architects than any other state with 17,241 as of 2016. The state with the second most, New York, has 10,734.
- Fortunately, more than one-third of new paper today is made with recycled fiber.
Whether you are someone who has been in the engineering field for decades or you are just getting started, it is likely that some of the first plans you will work with will be printed on large plotter paper rolls.
Trackback from your site.