It is no secret that the printed circuit board assembly process has revolutionized the way electronics and made and used around the world. If you are looking for a circuit board assembly services company, you may not know where to start. Here are some tips to hire the right one for your needs:
- Talk to other people in your industry. When you look for a good restaurant, you ask your friends and family, right? You do that because you know you can trust the people in your life that are important to you. Talk to other people you know and trust about what circuit board assembly services firm they used and what they thought of the quality of their work.
- Make sure you understand the PBC assembly process. If you are moving from a small batch PCB assembly situation to one where you need to assemble more before you start talking to circuit board assembly services companies, talk to your current assembler and get their feedback on what you need to ask and what their thoughts are on the process. The insight they give you will be incredibly valuable.
- Look at the costs associated with outsourcing your circuit board assembly process. You should also map out how much you can spend on this crucial part of your manufacturing process. It may be tempting to go with the cheapest offer you get but that can cost you a lot in the long-run. If you go with a cheaper circuit board assembly services company, the work they do may not be great and your reputation can suffer.
- Think hard about going with a company that has only one supplier of parts. There are some good reasons to only use one supplier of parts. When all of the parts are made in the same place, they can work better together. The problem is that if there are issues with the supplier, you may experience delays in your circuit boards.
- Keep all the labeling consistent. Before you hire any one company to assemble your printed circuit boards, make sure you and they talk through how the labeling process will be completed. You need all of the paperwork that accompanies your products to be clear and consistent. This also means the manuals are clear, there are page numbers on everything, and they can be easily read.
- Make sure you and the circuit board assembly services company are on the same page when it comes to lead time. There are a lot of steps in the process when it comes to PCB assembly and manufacture. When you are dealing with different companies, make sure they write out timelines to be as specific as they can make them. For instance, if you are creating a new kind of circuit board, there may be some lag time. If you talk through this twice, you will save yourself aggravation in the future. If you expect the assembly process to take one amount of time and your circuit board assembly services firm has another idea, this will cause problems with your relationship with them and the quality of your products.
- In the wild and wonderful world of electronics, there are ever-shifting battles between things such as space and performance. Compromise is often needed to be worked out between the two ideas. As you develop and hire someone to assemble the printed circuit boards, decide what trade-offs you can live with and which ones are deal breakers. It is always a good idea to make a list of your “must haves” as you begin the design process. If you are having issues with these questions, you can talk to manufacturers who know what the latest and greatest trends are in the industry, they may be able to offer you solutions you were not aware of.
It is hard to overstate the importance of having a good relationship with your circuit board assembly services company. A lot of that comes down to communication. If you find it hard to communicate with them before you sign on to be their customer, you can bet they will not get any better to deal with after.
Trackback from your site.